Thursday, November 6, 2008

~My Works in Progress~

I absolutely adore this vintage print of such a serene and gorgeous lady in light pink drapery (is it Tretchikoff?). I have wanted one for ages , and although they are not rare, just found one at one of my favourite haunts, The Collectable Fair, in Wentworth Park, Sydney (let me know if you want details!) I jumped at the chance to own her. But, I'm not sure she belongs in this room. This is my daughter's study where she sits on my 'wall in progress', with all manner of things, my handmade paper fans and Toulousse LaTrec ladies (which I painted in anticipation of painting them directly on the wall - but have had mixed reactions from my friends, so have never completed that project). I've also shown photos of the curtains which I had made and then attached a little anglaise 'skirt' on the bottom.




















Or does she fit on this wall? This is my 'dark moody' tv room where I have my collection of art deco vintage paintings of women. They are all paintings, and that's why I'm not sure about putting my print here. What do you think?


6 comments:

  1. Hi Tracey!
    So nice to meet you and I'm glad you came across my blog. I am a mother with 2 daughters, 19 & 21. They are 'launched' so now is MY time to create and I'm loving it...
    We seem to very much have similar interests so I will follow your blog. I really like the beautiful print where she is. It 'anchors' the wall nicely with the more organic shaped items around it.

    -Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracey,
    it's been a while since i last left word. I have been keeping an eye on your work, and must say the quality has been superb!! (double exclamation point)
    i have been very preoccupied with my own home. As you may recall i have a sister who will be showing up for a visit any day now... to use an oldie..oi-vey!!!
    i like your pictures , and am thinking of going that route myself. i hope you don't mind?
    i will be back soon.
    what do you think of borg morgenson, for a home office/library?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi New York Loves a Visitor
    I think you need to read my last comment under the wallpaper post. Good luck with your visitor , I know if it was me I would be filled with dread if MY sister was visiting me, but then that's because she can be quite difficult and demanding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Tracey!

    I found your flickr through decor8 and had to leave a comment here as well.

    The wall in progress is my absolute favourite (even though the rest of your decorating is absolutely beautiful as well). It's cute, kooky (in a good way), personal and very inspiring!

    Thank you for sharing it with us! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI! Just came across your blog! Your have a beautiful home! Love all of your gallery walls! About that vintage print of the beautiful girl...its definitely by a well known artist named Sir Gerald Kelly. He's well known for paintings of beautiful women in Burma--including this girl. He went to Burma in the early 1800s after a breakup with a girl he loved and became fascinated with the people there. This girl's name was Sao Ohn Nyunt and she was a Burmese dancer who never got invited to social outings so she was always bored and Kelly convinced her to sit for him. He painted her every day for almost 2 months and she appears in several of his works. I actually posted about one of his other paintings of this same girl today...the hairdo is what helped me make the connection. Not sure if yours in an original painting or a print but it could have some value. Thought you might find this info interesting. Check it out here:

    http://sohaute.typepad.com/sohaute/2009/02/fine-art-at-the-winter-antiques-show.html

    ReplyDelete