A blog on design, decor, home and the quest for the perfect sofa. A blog which is sadly lacking in answering the big questions in life, and solely dedicated to the vacuous, shallow and materialistic.
and you think your husband will like this one. i think you have lovely taste, but don't compromise on your number one room. My sister, who is very single minded, not the social one, would explain nicely to her husband that his room is that one, next to the pool house, the rest are hers. you should take strength from her honestly and resolve.
New York Loves a Visitor, are you going back to the old posts to see my responses to your comments - I don't want you to think your comments are in vain! If not, here was the last comment........
Hey hey, welcome back. The problem though with you, New York Loves a Visitor, is that you miss my last comments because you are such an infrequent visitor. I had left a comment for you, wishing you luck with your sister coming to visit. I said, that if my sister were coming to visit, I would be filled with dread because she can be quite demanding and difficult. Hope your visit turned out well! After hearing about your family, it is just as well you never had a beautiful vintage bookcase, because it sounds like your family would have squabbled over it and perhaps it could have caused big family farribles. As for having lovely brothers, I have three. One who makes fun of my trite and materialistic blog, one who thinks it is funny to ask me to take photos of him and add it to my vintage wall, and one who sadly, I don't hear from very much, but I'm sure if he thought hard about it, he would look up this blog everyday and comment frequently. How are things in New York? Things are tough here. Hope you are feeling positive.
Now, as to the sofa dilemma. My husband, being a good true Jewish husband never has the last say! I was wondering if you have heard of the shop Anthropologie in New York because that is where the sofa comes from. Probably, your sister who visited wasn't interested in such trite and ridiculous endeavours, so you never visited this shop. May I suggest you do. It is gorgeous - try and take some photos of the displays, then send them off to me. I like your borg morgensten sofa (not sure about the spelling)but a little modern for me - 20th century design is just not my thing. Perhaps too understated and classy for digs.
true, i had mossed these two postings. but i think you have mixed up the visits by my two sisters. the latter visit was by the one who reacquainted herself with her old friend, vodka!. so she was not a big fan of the day- preferring to keep sunglasses on during the day. now the first visiting sister, was very demanding and difficult. a bottle of vodka near the bed just wouldn't do it. shopping triting and packing large purchases, was demanding and difficult, now there is dreaded "d and d" combo. but with my usual cheerful demeanor i enjoyed both visits.
next time, perhaps i will reverse the vacation experience for them!
and you think your husband will like this one. i think you have lovely taste, but don't compromise on your number one room. My sister, who is very single minded, not the social one, would explain nicely to her husband that his room is that one, next to the pool house, the rest are hers.
ReplyDeleteyou should take strength from her honestly and resolve.
New York Loves a Visitor, are you going back to the old posts to see my responses to your comments - I don't want you to think your comments are in vain! If not, here was the last comment........
ReplyDeleteHey hey, welcome back. The problem though with you, New York Loves a Visitor, is that you miss my last comments because you are such an infrequent visitor. I had left a comment for you, wishing you luck with your sister coming to visit. I said, that if my sister were coming to visit, I would be filled with dread because she can be quite demanding and difficult. Hope your visit turned out well!
After hearing about your family, it is just as well you never had a beautiful vintage bookcase, because it sounds like your family would have squabbled over it and perhaps it could have caused big family farribles. As for having lovely brothers, I have three. One who makes fun of my trite and materialistic blog, one who thinks it is funny to ask me to take photos of him and add it to my vintage wall, and one who sadly, I don't hear from very much, but I'm sure if he thought hard about it, he would look up this blog everyday and comment frequently. How are things in New York? Things are tough here. Hope you are feeling positive.
Now, as to the sofa dilemma. My husband, being a good true Jewish husband never has the last say! I was wondering if you have heard of the shop Anthropologie in New York because that is where the sofa comes from. Probably, your sister who visited wasn't interested in such trite and ridiculous endeavours, so you never visited this shop. May I suggest you do. It is gorgeous - try and take some photos of the displays, then send them off to me. I like your borg morgensten sofa (not sure about the spelling)but a little modern for me - 20th century design is just not my thing. Perhaps too understated and classy for digs.
true, i had mossed these two postings. but i think you have mixed up the visits by my two sisters. the latter visit was by the one who reacquainted herself with her old friend, vodka!. so she was not a big fan of the day- preferring to keep sunglasses on during the day. now the first visiting sister, was very demanding and difficult. a bottle of vodka near the bed just wouldn't do it. shopping triting and packing large purchases, was demanding and difficult, now there is dreaded "d and d" combo.
ReplyDeletebut with my usual cheerful demeanor i enjoyed both visits.
next time, perhaps i will reverse the vacation experience for them!