



Please help.... do not ignore this request.... please! I have chosen my sofa (copying the Anthropologie one) but am having such second thoughts on the fabric. I have chosen a light green linen velvet (gorgeous!) but perhaps with my antique pink cushions it will be too sickly sweet. Please help... at the moment I am thinking.. just go for a taupe linen but that seems such a safe choice (and I'm happy to be a bit bold). Perhaps another pink ... but I have pink curtains and I had a pink sofa once, which was a disaster! ALL thoughts please...

Hi Tracey, are the first three pictures actually of your living room? Are they the cushions you are talking about or the sofas? Go with the green sofa colour that you love, (its important to go with things that you love) and if your cushions are all in the pale pink colour you could add in a darker pink or darker green to the mix. To the curtains you could add a matching trim in the same darker green or pink. That will add a bit of 'punch' to the scene, stop it from looking too sweet.
ReplyDeleteI am also wondering if those pictures are your cushions...
ReplyDeleteI like the clean lines of the sofa and think the fabric you chose will look stunning.
As for the cushions I would cut back on the quantity. Use maybe 4 of the pink ones. Then have some other cushions covered in something less sweet; possibly a lighter shade of the green on the sofa with a reference to pink in the pattern. This will 'bridge' the two colors/elements and cut the intensity of any sweet. Go easy on the trims on these cushions; keeping them simple will enhance the opulence of the pink ones and relate to the clean lines of the sofa.
Does this make sense?
(I can relate to the feelings of panic... when I ordered my new sofa I had SO many sleepless nights second guessing myself). I love how it turned out however!
Thanks soooo much for getting back to me and trying to address my dilemma. Yes, the first three photos are of my lounge and the last is the anthropologie sofa I am going to copy. The sofa with all the pillows is staying and I'm just going to divide the pillows up (half on the sofa staying - which I'm not mad about but can't afford two new sofas) and the new sofa which will be on the opposite wall.
ReplyDeleteI love the clean lines of the new sofa juxtaposed with the more classic lines of your existing furniture, and I agree, if you love the greener color than go for it!
ReplyDeleteI love your room! So chic & slouchy! The settee in the window with the round cushions is gorgeous... love the cushions; they are so decadent. Once your new sofa is in place you will just have to re-balance the accent pieces to tie things all together. A throw, the right mix of cushions... it will be fresh and perfect I am sure1
ReplyDelete