Tuesday, September 30, 2008

~The Best Excuse Ever~

Tonight while watching Today Tonight (or a Current Affair), a city councillor was being given a hard time by a journalist for not doing anything to fix someone's problem. The councillor indignantly stated, "We have been doing a lot to fix the problem, we just haven't achieved anything!" Goodness, what an excuse! Wonder if she'll get re-elected next time?

2 comments:

  1. getting a little off the core story??
    i was wondering though, what your feelings are about hedge fund people giving back last years bonus?
    if i had my druthers, i need more detail on your rosh hashana settings and food, who did the cooking? and who did the eating?
    i missed mine, plane disaster, that is to say, overslept and missed my flight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi New York Loves a Visitor. I suppose I am deviating from the major theme of my blog, but that's because I have a brother (whom I won't name as his wife is a bit paranoid about the internet) read my blog and hesitantly put forward that it was a bit vacuous, shallow and materialistic (I think he was holding back). He also thought talking about a sofa every night would be boring for others to read. I did mention that I do have a loyal reader, in you, New York Loves a Visitor, but he wasn't convinced. So, I've decided, being a woman of strong opinions, to add to my blog and lo and behold, Wall Street has given me lots of ammunition. Being that I don't know anyone working in the shares/stock/hedge fund/market, it is hard for me to comment on them giving back their bonuses, but as per my last post, anyone getting a bonus of $400 million (and losing a trillion) is certainly not worth theirs. Surely, you agree! My whole family were here for Yomtov, sorry you missed yours!!
    What is your feeling about picking someone up from the airport in New York. Don't you think that a visitor should make their own way to your apartment? Not sure, why someone would have the chutzpah to even ask??
    Love
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete