
As you could probably gather, from earlier posts, I am mad about roses. One of my most favourite collections (collected over many years, gathered from all corners of the world - thanks ebay!) is that of antique paintings of roses done by the genteel Victorian ladies at the turn of the century, in the Paul De Longpre and Catherine Klein style. When I was in New York 2 months ago, I was in awe of all the gorgeous roses that you can buy at every corner grocery store. They are fabulous and a bargain at only $10 for two dozen! (At the time the exchange rate was 97c, now it is 78c. Such a drop in 2 months! How I wish I could have bought and brought back the roses to Australia! I am also regretting not having bought that gorgeous Gucci handbag when the Australian dollar was almost parity!)

No comments:
Post a Comment