
Lately, I have been decorating these gorgeous shadow boxes I bought at Ikea. Firstly, I cover them in gorgeous wrapping paper, then I fill them with all vintage and personal mementos.
One, contains a little doll's dress made for me by my granny whom I didn't ever really know. I did, however, cherish this doll's dress (it was given to me when I was about 4 years old - goodness at such a young age I was already into nostalgia) and it has kept me company in all the different countries I have lived in ..... a story for another day. I've included in this shadow box, two vintage baby's rattles. (Just one of the hundreds of collections in my home!)
Another contains a little paper Hermes Kelly Bag, which I printed off the Internet. I have made plenty of these - I love them! (The next best thing to being able to actually afford a real one!) Go to www.hermes.com, the World of Hermes, and then the little paper bag. Hours of fun!
The last contains a sterling silver Tiffany rattle that was given to my son when he was born. In the background I have written his name on brown paper.
Just a note, being the crazy crafty creative type, I bought the wrapping paper back from New York where I bought it at the Container Store. Can you imagine bothering bringing wrapping paper (heaps of it) all the way back to Australia.
Hope they inspire you!

No comments:
Post a Comment