Monday, September 15, 2008

~My very French Formal Lounge~




This is my formal lounge. It is very French, slightly shabby chic, a little Marie Antoinette. All the cushions on the sofas are made from authentic antique fabric, mainly French or English. I love collecting antique fabrics and definitely spend too much money on them! Unfortunately, I really don't like the one sofa (the velvet one with the big arms). It cost me a fortune and has been my biggest mistake. Too deep, not long enough - out of proportion. The little antique bergere is done in a Scalamandre silk in olive green and that is one of my favourite things in the house. The carved sofa in taupe linen is nice but too 'safe' for me. So now, I am in the market for a new sofa. I have already posted my ideal sofa - probably the ditte sofa from anthropologie. Deep - without back cushions, so that there is space for all my own antique cushions. Also, very upright and almost minimal, modern, with thin thin arms and base.
I would love to change the whole look of this room - I would much prefer an eclectic, industrial, feel, with colourful sofas in fabulous fabric. However, I think I am too vested in this look to change completely. What do you think? Please email ALL suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment